Best Inverter Battery in India 2020 - Buyers Guide & Review
Electricity is one of the most important blessings of science to mankind. Nowadays we are very much dependent on power and it is difficult to imagine our life without power. In many parts of India, there are still issue with a frequent power cut. You should install an inverter for continuous power supply. A good inverter battery will last for at least 4-5 years. In this article, we will help you to choose your best inverter battery for home and offices.
Our list of Top 6 Best Inverter Battery in India
Table of Contents
- Our list of Top 6 Best Inverter Battery in India
- Top 6 Best Inverter Battery in India
- 1. LUMINOUS RC 18000 150 AH Tall Tubular Best Inverter Battery
- 2. Luminous Extra Charge EC18036 150Ah Tall Tubular Battery
- 3. LUMINOUS RC 25000 200AH TUBULAR BATTERY
- 4. Exide 150Ah New Instabrite Inverter UPS Best Inverter Battery
- 5. Amaron Inverter 150Ah Tall Tubular Battery
- 6. V-Guard VJ145 135AH Flat Tubular Inverter Battery
- Buyers Guide - Best Inverter Battery in India
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Final Words
- Related Posts
We highly recommend you to read the inverter battery buyers guide at the end of this article. It will give a clear insight into factors before buying the best inverter battery in India. Also, it will guide you about the maintenance and how to extend the life span of the battery.
Top 6 Best Inverter Battery in India
1. LUMINOUS RC 18000 150 AH Tall Tubular Best Inverter Battery
- Model – Luminous RC 18000
- Product Dimensions – 52 x 23 x 32 cm
- Weight – 53.3 Kg
- Type – Tall tubular battery
- Warranty – 18 replacement + 18 Pro Rata = Total 36 months
- Approx backup – 8-10 hrs (2 fan, TV, 4 led bulb)
- Capacity – 150 AH
- Avg Customer Rating – 4.2/5
‣ This Luminous tall tubular battery is made of an exclusive alloy component. So that it protects the battery lead part from corrosion. The battery has void free, uniform grain structure, which ensures the maximum consistent performance. It will charge fast as well as lasts for a longer time.
‣ It will reduce electricity consumption and helps to save more money. This luminous battery will give you over 1250 cycles of 80% depth of discharge. It will charge fast and also works perfectly in those areas which observe frequent power cuts.
‣ This Luminous RC 18000 150 AH Tall Tubular Battery is currently the best inverter battery in India for home, offices and shops.
- Faster charging with a longer back up
- Comes with 36 months warranty
- Low power consumption and also 3-6 years of life expectancy
- Shockproof, rust proof as well as leak-proof
- You can also run inverter compatible Air Coolers, TV and Refrigerator.
- Installation is not free
- Battery is heavy you need a wheel trolley for movement
Verdict – With a price around ₹11000, it is the best inverter battery in India with excellent backup.
“Value for Money”
Luminous Zelio 1100 + Rc18000 150 Ah Tubular Battery+ Trolley
If you are looking to buy battery along with an inverter UPS and its trolley, then you should consider this. You will get a great bundle deal.
- Inverter UPS – Luminous Zelio 1100 (24 months warranty)
- Battery – Rc18000 150 Ah Tubular Battery (36 months warranty)
- Luminous Trolley
- It is a great deal for first time buyers, where you will get this bundle in just 16000 rupees. It is the best inverter battery along with best in the class luminous inverter.
2. Luminous Extra Charge EC18036 150Ah Tall Tubular Battery
- Model – Oriental_29
- Product Dimensions – 23 x 32 x 52 cm
- Warranty – 36 months
- Approx backup – 8-10 hrs (2 fan, TV, 4 led bulb)
- Capacity – 150 AH
- Special Features – Designed for 1250 cycles at 80% depth of discharge, Perfect for areas with frequent power cuts, Rust and corrosion proof,
- Avg Customer Rating – 3.4/5
3. LUMINOUS RC 25000 200AH TUBULAR BATTERY
- Model – RC 25000
- Product Dimensions – 50.2 x 19.1 x 44 cm
- Weight – 58 Kg
- Warranty – 36 months
- Approx backup – 12-14 hrs (2 fan, TV, 4 led bulb)
- Capacity – 200 AH
- Special Features – Super charged performance, Perfect for areas with frequent power cuts, Rust and corrosion proof, Excellent overcharge resistance with minimum maintenance
- Avg Customer Rating – 4.4/5
‣ Exide is one of the leading manufacturers of inverter battery in India. This Exide UPS battery offers superior backup at a competitive price. It’s advanced hybrid technology allow your battery to withstand in extreme temperature.
‣ The special hybrid alloy system leading to low water loss. So that it will reduce any possibility of premature failure and provides easy maintenance. There is an indicator for showing the electrolyte level. It spills as well as leak proof so it is easy to handle.
‣ Its special hybrid alloy system reduces mist formation. So that it will minimize water consumption. Also, its dual plate separation reduces the chances of shock and vibrations.
- It is tolerant to high temperature conditions of India.
- It uses the modeled handle so easy to carry.
- Anti Splash guard and also electrolyte level indicator.
- Low in maintenance with a comparatively less price.
- Best inverter battery in India under 10000.
- Installation is not free
- May need to refill water frequently
‣ This Amron battery is perfect for Indian conditions where we are experiencing long power cut. It will give you excellent power back up than other inverter batteries.
‣ It comes with 36 months of replacement warranty along with a 12 month extended warranty. So total it gives 48 months of warranty.
‣ This battery is compatible with any brand of inverters available in the market. It is a c20 battery so it is suitable for solar inverters.
‣ This battery uses heat resistant calcium and also hybrid alloy for its grids. So that it requires less maintenance.
- 48 month of warranty
- Tolerates high temperature
- Contains low lead reserve
- Low in maintenance
- It is perfect for a long power cut situation
- Best inverter battery in India
- It is a bit heavier compare to similar range batteries.
6. V-Guard VJ145 135AH Flat Tubular Inverter Battery
The V-Guard batteries give the uninterrupted and continuous power supply to your home. It works well with all kinds of UPS available in the market. They are giving excellent backup and weights 45 KG. These batteries are covered by V-Guard under the standard warranty of 25 months. There is also the option of a prorated warranty of 15 months.
Avg Customer Rating – 4.5/5
Buyers Guide - Best Inverter Battery in India
Power provides comfort to our life in form Air conditioners, washing machines, air coolers, Laptops, mobiles, refrigerators and more. But in India, we have a common situation of power failure. On average, most of our Indian cities observe 2-4 hours of a daily power cut.
An inverter battery will help you to overcome this power cut situation. Batteries are like the heart of the Inverters and are an expensive item. A normal best inverter battery will cost around 10k-15k rupees and lasts for at least 5-6 years. So before buying an inverter and its battery you should consider certain factors like backup, type, brand, capacity, price and customer support. A mismatched battery will make your inverter completely useless. There are also best practices to extend the life of the battery. Here we will discuss everything in details.
Choose Right capacity of Inverter and Battery?
One of the most important factors to consider before buying an inverter is the power requirement. In a simple word what all electrical appliances you want to run at the time of power failure.
Suppose you want to use 3 Fans, 2 Tube lights, 3 CFL & 1 television during a power failure. Below is the power consumed by these items:
1 Fan – 70 Watts
One tube light – 40 watts
1 CFL – 15 watts
1 Television – 120 watts
Therefore your total power requirement is ( 3*70 +2*40 + 3×15 + 120) = 455 watts
Now based the power requirement we will choose the Inverter and its battery capacity.
For Inverter – In general, most of the inverter has an efficiency ranges from 60%-80%. This efficiency is called the power factor of an inverter.
Power supplied (or VA rating of the inverter) = Power requirement ( power consumed by equipment in watts) / Power factor( efficiency).
So, here Power factor = 455/0.7 = 650 VA
So you should buy an inverter with 700VA for your house.
How to Choose an Inverter Battery Size?
The battery is the backbone of our inverter system. The performance and life of an inverter depend upon the battery quality. Battery capacity is expressed in Ah (Ampere Hours). The battery capacity decides the backup hour of your inverter battery. Generally, you will find a different battery capacity of 100 Ah,150 Ah, 180 Ah, 200Ah etc. The most common and popular capacity is 15Ah.
How can we decide the battery capacity for our house?
For example, we need back up of 4 hours for the above power sources (455 watts)
Battery capacity = Power requirement (in watts) x Back up hours ( in hrs) / Battery Voltage (in volts)
Battery Capacity = (455 x 4) / 12 = 151 Ah (Here Value of Battery voltage is taken 12V)
Therefore a battery with a capacity of 150 Ah will work fine for this requirement.
Types of Inverter Battery
Every inverter battery is lead acid batteries, which have 2 electrodes that are dipped in an electrolyte solution. Generally, it uses lead and lead oxide as electrodes so it is also called a lead acid battery. While it uses sulfuric acid as an electrolyte. When electrodes are dipped inside electrolyte it performs several chemical reactions which generate DC current. The chemical reactions are reversible so this makes your battery rechargeable.
Based on the technology and current storage an inverter battery is classified into three types.
Lead Acid Battery – It is the most common and oldest type of inverter battery. These are inexpensive and also have a large amount of capacity. This battery will be comparatively lower in weight and also lasts for 3-5 years. The only concern with these kinds of battery is its high Maintenance. You need to check the electrolyte level regularly and needs topping regularly. It also releases harmful gases and requires proper ventilation. Due to this these batteries are no longer popular.
Maintenance-Free Battery – These batteries are also called as sealed lead batteries, Value Regulated Lead Acid battery and gel batteries. It is a led acid battery which doesn’t require any maintenance. The reason behind this is that the batteries are filled with a special type of electrolyte which does not require any replenishment. These batteries are completely safe to use and do not emit any poisonous or harmful gases. These are more expensive and has a shorter lifespan. So these are not that popular like tubular batteries.
These are the most improvised version of flat plate batteries. It has a more complex design compared to the above two batteries. There have a comparably longer life span and better efficiency. These batteries also require less maintenance so that these are more expensive. Tubular batteries are the best inverter battery in India for home.
These are very useful in areas where the power cuts are very frequent and also for a longer hour. On average these batteries offer longer life span up to 5-6 years. These batteries are a bit expensive and range from 9000-25000 based on capacity. Even though these batteries are expensive but due to its longer life span and less maintenance, these are the most popular.
It is one of the important factors while buying the best inverter battery in India. Most of the company provides 3-5 years of warranty. The most company offers two components in warranty FOC and ProRata warranty.
FOC (Free of replacement) – During FOC period if the battery fails then you will get a completely free replacement of the battery.
Pro-rata – If in during ProRata period your inverter battery fails to perform. Then you will have to pay some money to get a replacement. It is calculated based on the period of battery when it failed. They will calculate the time of ProRata and deduct the amount of percentage from MRP as a discount for a new battery.
While buying any battery you should more concentrate on FOC rather on ProRata.
How to Extend the Life of your Inverter Battery?
‣ Most batteries have an indicator for distilled water, so always check for it. You should replenish the distilled water at frequent intervals. If you are not taking care of this then your battery will spoil quickly.
‣ It is advisable to keep your battery terminals rust and corrosion free. Rust depreciate the performance of the battery by reducing its current flow. To prevent the battery from rusting, pour a solution of hot water and baking soda on the terminals and then apply petroleum jelly on them to avoid future corrosion.
‣ It is also advisable to apply a small amount of grease to the socket connections. This will also prevent the inverter battery from rusting or corrosion. If you find any rust or corrosion, clean it using a brush. You can make a mixture of baking soda and water to remove the rust.
‣ Do not overload the battery – every battery has a specified capacity to provide the load. It is advisable to disconnect those devices which consume a lot of energy. It will extend the life span of the inverter battery.
‣ You should always use energy efficient lights and appliances to run on the inverter battery. There are many LED bulbs which consume less energy. Also some appliances like air cooler, refrigerators are inverter friendly.
Best Brands for Inverter Batteries
It is always advisable to buy an inverter battery from a reliable brand. A good brand will give hassle free after sale support. There are many brands which are providing inverter battery. But among them, some brands are famous for the best inverter battery in India. Luminous, Exide, Okaya, V Gaurd, Su Kam, Amaron and Okaya are well known inverter battery brand. They are proving best in class battery with a good warranty and after sale support.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which is the best battery for frequent power cuts?
Tall tubular batteries are good for frequent power cuts. These batteries will be quickly charged and also provides longer backups. This battery requires less maintenance and are less expensive.
Can we use the battery for solar charging?
Not all batteries are solar compatible. Generally, lead acid batteries are compatible with solar charging. You can check for solar compatibility while buying the battery.
How long will my battery give the backup?
Battery backup depends upon the battery capacity. It is denoted by Ah(Ampere hour). Higher the value of Ah the longer backup your battery will give. In general Indian houses uses a battery with 150Ah power which will easily give 4-5 hours of backup.
Which acid is used in inverter battery?
Every battery has a combination of led plate and dilutes sulphuric acid. The led plates are dipped in the sulphuric acids. While charging it converts electrical energy to chemical energy. And while providing backup it will reverse the process and convert chemical energy to electrical energy.
When should we add water to inverter battery?
Usually, every battery has water indicator placed at the top front panel. It will show you when to replenish it. You should regularly check for this indicator and fill the water it requires. Also, avoid overwatering or underwatering the battery for maximum efficiency.
What is “hassle-free water level”?
The hassle-free water level is an indicator in the inverter. It represent the water and electrolyte level of your battery. This water/electrolyte level indicates the efficiency of the battery.
Inverter batteries are very important for all seasons, it will give you an uninterrupted power supply. In India, we observe frequent power cut in many cities. You should buy the best inverter in India for a peaceful and luxurious life. There are many modern appliances like refrigerator, air coolers can also run on inverter battery.
If you are planning to buy an inverter battery for the home with a back up of 3-4 hours then consider Luminous 150 AH Tubular Battery. While if you want it for running more things like in small offices then choose Luminous 200AH Tubular battery.
We hope this article gave you a better understanding of the best inverter battery in India. Please let us know if you need any further details and also provide us with your valuable comments for the improvement of our service.
Software Engineer by profession likes travelling, cooking and blogging. I am passionate about music, art, business, entrepreneurship and Start-ups. I like to blog on Technologies, Digital Marketing, Travel Blog Strategist, Home improvement, education. Select4you is an initiative to help everyone with their electronics items shopping.