10 Best Kitchen Chimney in India - Buyers Guide
What is a Kitchen Chimney and why should we buy a Kitchen chimney?
A kitchen is an electrical appliance which keeps your kitchen clean by removing oil fumes, harmful gases as well as smoke from your kitchen. It helps to keep your kitchen clean buy sucking all the smoke and oil fumes releases during cooking. In this article, we will discuss all aspects of kitchen chimney as well as give you a list of top 10 best kitchen chimney in India.
Any kind of smoke whether it is coming from factories, cigarettes, vehicles or by burning of kitchen fuels is harmful to human health. Although most of us are now using LPG for cooking. But there are chances of leakage of LPG gases. In some kitchen chimney, it has a facility to detect any LPG leakage.
- OUR TOP PICK -
- OUR TOP PICK -
1. Faber 90 cm 1200 m3/hr Heat Auto Clean Chimney
2. Eurodomo 60 cm, 90 cm 1200 m3/h Chimney
3. Hindware 60cm 1100 m3/hr Best Kitchen Chimney
Avg Customer Ratings
Best chimney for kitchen with suction power of 1200 m3/hr
Best Kitchen Chimeny at this price
Best Kitchen chiment in India under ₹10000
In India, we love delicious food cooked in oil, spices added by Ghee Tadka, lots of frying and grilling. This process releases smoke and also irritates the eyes and throat. Sometimes the fumes and oil particles acquire dust and get deposited on the kitchen wall.
Also when we burn LPG in enough oxygen it gives heat and carbon dioxide. But in insufficient oxygen, it releases harmful carbon monoxide gas. So that you should provide proper ventilation in the kitchen. If there is no facility for proper ventilation then you should install the best kitchen chimney in India. A kitchen chimney will eliminate any kind of smokes, harmful gases as well as oil fumes. It will always help to keep your kitchen clean.
Table of Contents
- Top 10 Best Kitchen Chimney in India
- Top 2 Best Kitchen Chimney in India under ₹ 10000
- Top 5 best Kitchen Chimney between ₹10000 to ₹15000.
- Top 3 best Kitchen Chimney in India above ₹15000
- Buying Guide - Best Kitchen Chimeny in India
- How to Clean kitchen chimney?
- FAQ - Best Chimney for kitchen
- Final Words –
- Related Posts
Top 10 Best Kitchen Chimney in India
A Kitchen chimney has many names such as kitchen hood, exhaust hood or range hood. Nowadays kitchens are mostly located in the living room with an open area for dining. The Kitchen chimney gives a premium look to your kitchen and adds decor value.
The best kitchen chimney will suck all smoke and passes it through the filter. The grease filter traps the oil grease and also oil fumes and then passes it through the charcoal filter. The charcoal filter absorbs the smoke, heat as well as odors. Finally, the purified air is circulated back and smoke is released through the duct. It uses either a mesh or baffle filter to observe the oil grease.
The concept of installing a chimney in kitchen is not new. You can easily find a long brick chimney coming out of the roof in old houses. You can also find the chimney inside the living room fireplace.
There are many brands for kitchen chimney as well as you can easily find hundreds of kitchen chimney in the market.
It is advisable to buy a kitchen chimney as per your need. For some kitchen a 60 cm chimney is fine but for some, it needed a 90cm or bigger chimney. There are many chimneys with additional charcoal filters as well as LPG leakage indicator. Here in this article, we have studied 10 plus brands as well as their hundreds of kitchen chimney. After analysis here is the list of top 10 kitchen chimney in India. We will classify our list based on the chimney price.
At the end of this article, we will also discuss the chimney buying guide and also how to clean kitchen chimney?
Top 2 Best Kitchen Chimney in India under ₹ 10000
1. Eurodomo 60 cm or 90 cm 1200 m3/h Auto-Clean Chimney
‣ This Eurodomo kitchen chimney has advanced heat auto-clean technology. It has a high-quality stainless steel Baffle Filter which is suitable for Indian kitchens. This filter drags down smoke, oil and residue inside the filter. It will supports deep-frying as well as grilling and requires occasional cleaning every 6 months.
‣ It has a touch Control panel which gives ease of operation and also adds to the beauty and elegance of the chimney. The premium Black finish with glass panel gives modern as well as classy look to your kitchen. There is two energy-efficient 2 LED light which lights up your cooking area.
‣ This kitchen chimney comes in two different size variant either 60cm for 2-4 stoves while a 90cm for 3-5 stoves. It has the power capacity of 1200 cubic meters per hour. Due to this powerful suction capacity, it gives you smoke and dust free cooking. It is ideal for a big size kitchen with an area of more than 200 sq-ft.
‣ The stainless steel Baffle filter gives durability while the oil collector collects all the oil and collects it separately. It has max noise(dB) level of 58 for less noisy operation.
‣ Warranty – 1 year on the chimney as well as 5 years on motor.
- 2 LED light with touch control panel with a digital display
- Stainless steel baffle filters so durable
- Less maintenance and also auto cleaning facility
- Best kitchen chimney in India under ₹10,000
- 8 feet pipe included, need to buy more if required.
- Installation is not free
‣ This Hindware kitchen chimney has a powerful suction capacity of 1100 m3/hr. It sucks the harmful gases out of your kitchen to keep it clean. The Metal blowers ensure maximum suction capacity as well as durability.
‣ It has stainless steel Baffle Filter which easily separates grease as well as spices. It is ideal for Indian kitchen with deep frying and also grilling. There is a soft push button control for easy operation.
‣ It comes in two different color variant either black or Steel Grey. Due to the curved Glass and Wall Mount design, it will give your kitchen a premium look. It is ideal for small as well as the medium kitchen. It has an elegant matte finish which enhances your kitchen decor. There are two energy efficient LED lamps which offer large illumination.
‣ Warranty – 1 year on product, 5 years on motor. Check Hindware official website for more details.
- Easy to operate as well as clean the chimney
- Two Energy efficient LED lamps
- Soft Push-button for easy operation
- Gives elegant look as well as Enhances kitchen decor
- No free installation
- An auto-clean facility is not available, but it is easy to clean.
- Flexible pipe is made of plastic, not aluminum.
Top 5 best Kitchen Chimney between ₹10000 to ₹15000.
‣ Sunflame provides a wide range of kitchen appliances from small appliances & exquisite cook tops to kitchen chimneys. This kitchen chimney comes in either 60cm or 90cm size. The 60cm size is ideal for 2-4 burner while 90cm is perfect for 3-5 stove burner. It has an area coverage of 200 sq-ft so ideal for the medium as well as big size kitchen.
‣ Max Air Flow with powerful suction capacity of 1100 m3/hr so it eliminates all harmful gases as well as smokes. The Stainless steel baffle filter pushes oil as well as other residues to settle inside the baffle. It will make sure that the air moves freely in between the filters. You only need to clean your filter every 6 months.
‣ It is perfect for the Indian kitchen with heavy frying/grilling. Heat Auto-Clean technology provides an innovative way to get rid of oil as well as grease particles. It has a Stainless Steel body as well as glass finish for a premium look. The energy-efficient two LED lights give heat-free brightness around your cooking area. The feather touch control enables users to operate the chimney effortlessly with just a slight touch.
‣ Warranty: 2 years on product. You can also check Sunflame services and center on their website.
- Stainless steel baffle filter, it only requires cleaning every 6 months.
- Ideal for heavy frying as well as grilling.
- Heat Auto-Clean technology for oil as well as the grease-free kitchen.
- The customer support center is not up to mark.
‣ This Kitchen chimney has Heat auto clean technology which cleans your chimney with a push of a button. It has two Baffle filters which eliminate all unhealthy smoke as well as grease from the kitchen. These Baffle filters are easy to clean as well as maintain.
‣ It has a Powerful suction capacity of 1200 m3/hr so it gives max airflow and keeps your kitchen always fresh. The oil collector collects the oil and other residues conveniently. It is ideal for Indian kitchen with deep frying/grilling.
‣ It has a touch control panel which gives ease of access. Its 60 cm size is ideal for 2-4 burner stove. The 2 LED lamps will give sufficient cooking light. It has a separate stainless steel oil collector so it ensures easy cleaning. It is less noisy, low on maintenance and also energy efficient.
‣ This kitchen chimney is crafted with elegance and grace. It will enhance your kitchen decor as well as gives a premium look to your kitchen.
‣ Warranty: 5 years on the Motor as well as 1 year on product
- Touch Control Panel so ease of operation
- Powerful suction capacity
- Two Baffle filters
- Stainless steel oil collector
- Installation is not free
‣ This kitchen chimney has heat auto-clean technology so you can clean your kitchen chimney with just a touch of a button. It has 1200 m3/h powerful suction capacity so it sucks all smoke as well as dust from the kitchen.
‣ It has high-quality stainless steel Baffle Filter which drags down smoke, oil as well as residues inside the filter. The oil collector will collect oil as well as grease. It is ideal for Indian kitchens where we can perform deep-frying as well as grilling.
‣ The touch control panel has a digital display so you will get offer simple and speedy operation. The temper glass finish panel gives a classy look to your kitchen. The two LED light gives enough light. With more than 200 sq ft coverage it is ideal for a big kitchen.
‣ Warranty – 1 on the chimney as well as 5 on motor
- Auto head cleaning so require less maintenance.
- Very powerful suction capacity
- Touch control panel with a digital display for easy operation.
- No free Installation
‣ This 60cm Faber heat Auto clean kitchen chimney has stainless steel baffle filter. It has a high capacity motor with the powerful suction of 1000 m3/hr. With coverage of more than 200 sq ft, It is ideal even for a big size kitchen. There are 2 triple-layer baffle filters for efficient operation.
‣ It comes with push buttons for easy operation. You will get worry-free operation even during heavy frying/grilling. It comes with 3 speed and a separate button for light. The 2 LED lamps for the perfect amount of light even with less power while cooking.
‣ It has Free-Standing with Wall mount and also curved glass body with black color. This Faber Chimney is a perfect combination of performance, looks and also technology.
‣ Warranty – 1 year on product, 12 years on motor
- 2 Triple-Layer Baffle filter.
- Powerful suction capacity
- Energy efficient 2 LED lamps for cooking light.
- Bit Noisy
7. Hindware 60cm or 90cm with suction of 1200 m3/hr Auto Clean Chimney
‣ This Hindware Nevio kitchen chimney comes into two different size variants either in 60cm suitable for 2-4 burner stove or in 90cm perfect for 3-5 burner stove. Both sizes have a powerful suction capacity of 1200 m3/hr. It sucks the harmful gases out of your kitchen so that it makes a healthy kitchen environment.
‣ Thermal Auto Clean Technology ensures Hassle free cooking. Its stainless steel Baffle Filter uses different panels to separate grease & spice. The metal oil collector cup is easy to clean and also store more oil residues than a plastic oil collector.
‣ The Metal blowers ensure maximum suction capacity and also durability. These metal blowers are connected to a duct system. It is suitable for Indian kitchen with deep frying and also grilling.
‣ There are two energy efficient LED lamps for enough light in the cooking area. Also, there is a one touch front control panel for easy and convenient operation. The curved Glass and Wall Mounted design gives a premium look.
‣ Warranty – 1 year on product and also 5 years on its motor.
- Thermal Auto Clean
- Metal oil collector cup
- Powerful Suction capacity
- Bird shield is not given at the flexible pipe end.
- Installation is not free
Top 3 best Kitchen Chimney in India above ₹15000
‣ This Elica 90cm kitchen chimney has a baffle filter which helps to eliminate unhealthy smoke as well as grease. There is a separate oil collector to collect oil and other residues conveniently.
‣ It is modeled with stainless steel, which ensures durability and hassle-free cleaning. It has a powerful motor with a suction capacity of 1200 m3/hr. It is ideal for a big kitchen with a coverage of more than 200 sq ft. You can also perform heavy frying/grilling.
‣ Heat Auto-clean Technology solves the problem of cleaning your chimney with the push of a button. The touch Panel Control will give easy access to all the features of your chimney. There are 2 LED lamps for providing enough light while cooking. It is crafted with elegance and grace and gives a premium look to your kitchen.
‣ Warranty – 5 Years on Motor and 1 year on comprehensive from Date of Purchase.
- Easy to operate, maintain as well as clean
- Suits to kitchen decor also give an elegant look
- Installation is not free
‣ This Faber Hood heat Auto clean chimney has a high capacity motor with a powerful suction of 1200 m3/hr. It is perfect for a big kitchen with area >200 sqft and also heavy frying and grilling.
‣ Heat Auto Clean technology – It makes your kitchen oil and smoke-free. The Auto clean helps to remove oil particles by itself with one touch. Filter less Chimney is the next generation of Auto-clean Chimney technology.
‣ This chimney comes with Free-Standing wall mount. It comes in black colour with a curved glass panel which gives it a premium look. It will suits to your kitchen as well as improves its decor.
‣ There is a touch control panel with unique Gesture Control feature which gives you the freedom of working without touching the control panel. Gesture control gives the ability to recognize and also interpret the movements of the human body without direct physical contact.
‣ The oil collector helps to increase the life span of the chimney. It also helps to keep the chimney clean and reduces your frequency to clean the filter. This kitchen chimney comes with 2 LED lamps, which consumes very less power. It will give the perfect amount of light while cooking.
‣ Warranty – It comes with 1 year of warranty. This one of the best kitchen chimney in India with auto clean and Gesture control feature
- Filter less as well as Gesture control technology.
- Powerful motor and also the suction capacity
- Auto head cleaning
- Best Kitchen chimney in India.
- The sound could have been a little less
- Bit pricey
‣ Bosch is a German brand for manufacturing world-class home and kitchen appliances. They are famous for their washing machine, refrigerators, dishwasher and many more. This Bosch kitchen chimney has a size of 90cm and is ideal for 3 to 5 burner gas stove.
‣ It has a suction capacity of 800 m3/hr and is suitable for medium size kitchen with an area less than 100sqft. It has Triple-layered, high-grade stainless steel baffle filters to keep your kitchen always clean. This kitchen chimney is perfect for low frying/grilling. The two 2 W LED lights are very energy efficient as well as gives enough light in the cooking area.
‣ It has a sleek design as well as brushed stainless steel finish, which gives it a premium look. It has chromed push buttons for ease of operation. There are also 3 fan speed settings for maximum performance. The kitchen chimney will produce a noise level of 55 dB at speed 1 while 77 dB on speed level 3.
‣ Warranty: 2 year on product, 5 years on motor. You can check BOSCH official website for more information.
- 3 Layer high grade stainless steel baffle filter.
- German engineered
- 3 fan speed settings
- Very costly, you can get cheaper models at the same price.
- It is not perfect for high frying/grilling.
Buying Guide - Best Kitchen Chimeny in India
It is also advisable to do proper research before buying a kitchen chimney. In this buying guide, we will discuss important factors before selecting the best kitchen chimney in India. If you look around any modern kitchen you will surely find a refrigerator, food processor, and a kitchen chimney. They all together give a premium look to your kitchen. Like an Air Purifier, a kitchen chimney will clean harmful gases, smokes and toxins from your kitchen.
Factors to Consider before buying a kitchen chimney.
1. Types of Kitchen Chimney -
There are different types of kitchen chimneys available in the market. One should select the appropriate chimney based on the kitchen structure, available space as well as the number of burner stove.
If you choose chimney as per your kitchen then it will add to its decor and enhances its beauty.
i) Wall Mounted chimney -
This is the most common type of chimney and also very popular in India. Here kitchen chimney if fitted against to the kitchen wall above the cooktop. In India generally, our cooktop is located against the wall, so you will find this type of chimney in most houses.
ii) Island kitchen chimney-
Some of the kitchens have a cooking stove located at the centre of the kitchen. In these types of kitchen, you need to install an Island chimney. Here Kitchen chimney is hanging to the ceiling just above the cooking top.
iii) Built-in kitchen chimney-
These kitchen chimneys are integrated inside the kitchen wood furniture. Usually, these are located against the wall. The kitchen chimney exhaust pipe, as well as its accessories, are not visible from outside.
iv) Straight-line kitchen chimney -
These kitchen chimneys are very popular where space is a constraint. The mounting of this chimney will smartly use the available space. They are not visible from outside and suitable for those who don't want to showcase the presence of chimney.
v) Auto Clean Chimney -
An auto clean chimneys require the least maintenance. It has a separate oil collector to collect oil particles. There is an auto clean button which will clean the chimney with a button push. You only need to clean your chimney in every 6 months not regularly.
2. Size of Kitchen Chimney
The kitchen chimney should be appropriate to the size of the stove so that it will observe all the smokes and oils from the kitchen. This Chimney Buying Guide will help you to understand about the perfect size for your kitchen. The ideal size of kitchen chimney is either 60cm or 90cm. A 60cm kitchen chimney is ideal for 2-4 stove while 90cm is perfect for 3-5 stoves.
You should select the chimney slightly larger than the size of the stove. So that it can effectively consume most of the smokes. But also it should not be bigger than the usual size. Because it will unnecessarily consume more power as well as disturbs the decor of your kitchen.
If you are choosing a smaller size then it will not absorb enough smoke as well as oil from the cooking.
Apart from the size of chimney, you should also maintain a standard distance between the chimney and cooktop. Ideally, there should be a 26-30 inch distance between them. If you reduce from 26 inches then there may be chances of catching fire while more than 30 inches will not effectively absorb gases and smokes.
3. Chimney Suction power
To select the best suction power kitchen chimeny, you should take help of below formula.
The volume of the kitchen (Length x Width x Height) x 10 (number of times chimney should eliminate the volume of air)
For an example – Suppose your kitchen has a dimension of 5m x 4m x 3m, then what should be ideal suction power of chimney.
The volume of Kitchen = 5x4x3 m = 60 metre
Effective Suction power = Volume of Kitchen x 10 = 60×10 = 600 m³/hr.
Here the minimum suction power should be more than 600 m³/hr. A chimney with a higher suction power is always beneficial.
Apart from volume, there are also other factors such as the ventilation, distance between chimney & stoves, types of cooking etc are also affecting the chimney suction power. In general, Indian kitchens have a volume range from 400 – 700 cubic metre. By considering all the above factors any chimney with a suction power of 700 to 1100 m³/hr is perfect for Indian kitchen. Also, it should be kept in mind that a higher suction power motor will produce more noise.
- If you regularly clean the filter as well as the oil collector then it will help chimney to absorb more smokes and gases.
- Also if you select a chimney with Baffle filter then the suction power is not affected by grease or oil stuck on the filter.
4. Types of Kitchen Chimney Filters -
Cassette filters or Mesh filters – Cassette filters have multiple layers of aluminium or stainless steel mesh filters in which there are tiny holes. These filters trap the solid, Oil as well as grease inside it and allow smoke to escape. These grease and Oil particles slowly clogged inside the mesh filter and in the long run, affect the suction power of chimney.
You need to clean these filters regularly for optimum performance. You can clean these filters either at home or by any professional cleaner.
Please refer this guide to clean the kitchen chimney.
Baffle Filter – This filter is more efficient than the mesh filters. It has multiple curve layered structures of steels and aluminium. When the smoke and fumes pass through these curves the heavy particles of oil and greases as well as smokes are dragged inside this filter. These filters are most suitable for Indian kitchens where we are using deep frying as well as grilling.
These chimneys are easier to maintain as well as clean. You only need to clean it once in 4-6 months. The suction power of these chimneys is not affected even though if the oil is collected in the first layer.
Carbon filter / Charcoal Filter – Carbon filters are made of charcoal and used to remove bad odour from the chimney. We use these filters in water purifiers to clean the water. It can be used in both ducts as well as the ductless chimneys. These filters remove the odour but accumulate oil and greasy particles so you need to replace these filters after some time usually in 4-6 months.
These filters are optional and used together with either baffle or cassette filters to remove odour.
Ducting chimney and Ductless chimney Buying Guide -
Ducted chimneys are connected to a duct with pipe that carries the airborne particles away from the kitchen to the outside.
While in the ductless chimney the air is recirculated through a filter and then back into the kitchen. For the ducted chimney, you need to have a proper duct system to exhaust air out of the kitchen. This is the most common chimney in Indian houses.
Ducted chimneys are costlier as well as more efficient & powerful suction capacity than the ductless chimney. Their installation cost is higher and uses mesh or baffle filters, while ductless chimney commonly uses a carbon filter. The carbon filter needs regular replacement every 6 months.
How to Clean kitchen chimney?
In India we use a lot of spices as well as oil in our cooking, it results in greasy smoke. This greasy smoke will stick on kitchen walls as well as on the cabinets. To overcome this we use a kitchen chimney.
The Kitchen chimney keeps our kitchen smoke, gases as well as oil & grease-free. But after some time, the oil and grease will be stuck inside the filter due to which it decreases the suction power of chimney.
It is our responsibility to regularly clean the kitchen chimney. If you are not cleaning chimney for a long time then the grease/ oil and smoke stuck inside the filter will start giving bad odour. It also affects the absorption capacity sometime.
Cleaning of the chimney also depends on its type. If you are buying an Auto Clean chimney then you can clean it by a push of a button.
There are many ways to clean the kitchen chimney. You can either hire a professional or you can do it by yourself.
If you want to clean by yourself then refer some steps from our Chimney Buying Guide.
With the Dish-washing liquid –
You can easily clean your chimney by dishwasher liquids. It cleans the oil as well as grease stains.
- Take a Big Bucket and fill it with boiling water.
- Put some dishwasher on the filter and immerse it into the bucket with boiling water.
- Leave it for 1-2 hours and later scrub it properly.
- The hot water will help to remove the grease from the filter.
Baking soda to clean kitchen chimneys –
Baking soda is very good at cleaning kitchen filters, I am personally using baking soda to clean my greasy filters. You can mix some vinegar and salt for better results.
- Take a bucket of boiling water and put 2 tablespoons of baking soda along with 2 cup vinegar and 1-2 spoon salt into the water.
- Now immerse the filters into and leave it for 1-2 hours.
- Later scrub it with a scrubber and wash with water.
In place of baking soda, you can use caustic soda (Sodium hydroxide -NaOH) to clean the chimney. But you should be careful while using caustic soda. Do not touch it with bare hands as it can cause a chemical burn. Better wear hand gloves while using caustic soda.
FAQ - Best Chimney for kitchen
How does air cooler works?
Normally, A Kitchen chimney has three main components one capture Filter/ panel second oil collector and a fan or blower for ventilation. When we turn on the chimney it sucks oil, harmful gases, smoke, steam, food odour etc formed while cooking. The oil and grease get trapped in either mesh filter or in oil collector (if your chimney has). If there is a carbon filter then it will trap all the bad odours from food as well as from smoke. Finally, the smoke, gases as well as steam is exhausted out of the kitchen through a duct.
Can we use an exhaust fan instead of kitchen chimney?
An exhaust fan is necessary for proper ventilation in the kitchen but it can only remove the smoke out from the kitchen. It will clean oil and grease fumes, harmful gases, heats as well as bad odour from the kitchen. A kitchen chimney can sense the harmful gases leakage, traps the oils and grease. It maintains the fresh air in the kitchen and keeps your kitchen always clean as well as healthy.
Can we use both chimney and exhaust fan together?
No, It is not recommended to use both exhaust fan and chimney together. It will create fluctuating air pressure inside the kitchen so that the suction power of chimney will get impacted.
Can we install a chimney in an open kitchen?
Yes, you can install a chimney in both open as well as in a closed kitchen. The only constraint you need to install a higher suction power chimney in an open kitchen. It is recommended to install a chimney with 1200 m3/hr suction power in an open kitchen.
Is the kitchen chimney consuming more power?
Depends. While cooking a chimney can consume around 150-200 watt power. But overall a chimney can consume a maximum of 300-400 watts power if it’s all parts are running together. The auto-clean function of the chimney can consume 100-150 watt but while cooking this function is not running. So for an average time, it is consuming only 150-200 watt depending on the speed selection.
Final Words –
A kitchen chimney will help you keep your kitchen clean. Kitchen chimney is now a necessity rather luxury. In this article, we have discussed the top 10 best kitchen chimney in India. We also discussed their cleaning as well as buying guide.
It is always important to select a kitchen as per your kitchen size and suction requirement. A higher suction means better cleaning but it will produce more noise as well as consumes more power.
We have tried to cover every factor in details, but if you need any more information, then you can write to us in below comment box.