10 Best Refrigerator in India 2020 (Buyers Guide)
A refrigerator, most commonly called a fridge, is one of the most important appliances in our home. Whenever you are planning to buy the best refrigerator in India, there are many factors to consider. We will discuss every factor in details and give you a list of Top 10 Best Refrigerator in India.
A fridge maintains a cooler temperature and keeps your food fresh for a longer time. Our food contains bacteria and after some time the bacteria will spoil the food. Inside a fridge, there is a cold temperature around 2-4 degree Celsius. It slows down the bacterial activity so the bacteria need a longer time to spoil the food. For example, if you left milk outside for 4-5 hours then it starts spoiling. But inside the fridge, it will be fresh and doesn’t spoil for 2-3 days. Along with the washing machine and air conditioner, the fridge is also an important and essential appliance.
A fridge is one of the costly appliances which will be there with you for at least 10 years. There are almost 20+ brands as well as their hundreds of models available in the market. So it requires detailed research to filter the best fridge in India. Whenever you planning to buy a fridge, there are so many thoughts come in our mind.
‣ What is the ideal Fridge Capacity do we need?
‣ Do we need a Single Door Fridge or go for a Double Door Fridge?
• Should we buy a top mount or a bottom mount double door freeze?
‣ What are the features to consider before buying the best fridge in India?
‣ Which is the best Refrigerator brand in India?
• What is the price and capacity of a French door Refrigerator?
Table of Contents
- Best Refrigerator in India 2020
- Types of Refrigerators
- Top 3 Best Single Door Fridge
- Top 4 Best Double Door Fridge in India
- Best Multi Door & Side by Side Fridge in India
- Buying Guide - Best Refrigerator in India
- Frequently Asked Questions?
- Conclusion - Best Refrigerator in India
- Related Posts
Best Refrigerator in India 2020
Now no need to worry about the hot summer days. Its time to bring a refrigerator and an air conditioner. During hot and humid summer days the food items get spoiled quickly. With this busy lifestyle, most of us are storing foods and veggies for a longer time. It is very difficult to keep our food fresh without storing it inside the refrigerator.
|Refrigerators||Avg User Rating||Price (March 2020)|
|1. Whirlpool 190L 3-Star Single Door Fridge||4.2 / 5||₹13,640|
|2. LG 235L 4-Star Single Door Fridge||4.2 / 5||₹22,190|
|3. Samsung 192L 4-Star Single Door Fridge||4.0 / 5||₹15,300|
|4. LG 260L 3-Star Double Door Fridge||4.3 / 5||₹23,990|
|5. Samsung 253L 4-Star Double Door Fridge||4.3 / 5||₹23,390|
|6. Whirlpool 265L 4-Star Double Door Fridge||4.0 / 5||₹24,990|
|7. Haier 320L 3-Star Bottom Mount Fridge||4.2 / 5||₹26,990|
|8. Whirlpool 260L Multi-Door Refrigerator||4.4 / 5||₹25,490|
|9. LG 687L Side-by-Side Fridge||4.3 / 5||₹75,990|
|10. Samsung 700L Side-by-Side Fridge||4.3 / 5||₹69,990|
How to Choose the best Refrigerator in India?
A fridge is a costly appliance and it needs proper research before buying. Here we will discuss in detail and then give you a list of the top 10 best refrigerator in India.
‣ Capacity – It is the most significant factor in influencing fridge shopping. If you are selecting a smaller capacity then it will save your cost and energy bills. But you will have less liberty while storing the items. While a bigger capacity will increase the cost and energy bill. The fridge capacity depends on family size and also on eating habits. In general for bachelor or couples, a single door fridge with 220L capacity is perfect. While for medium families with 3-4 members either a single door fridge or a double door fridge with 220-350L is perfect. If you are a family of 5 plus members then you should buy a double door fridge or a side-by-side door fridge with a capacity of more than 350L.
‣ Compressor – It is considered as the heart of the refrigerator and controls the cooling. Most of the fridge uses a normal compressor. Which will always run on a fixed speed either at greatest speed or completely stops. While a fridge with inverter compressor runs on varying speed. It controls the compressor speed as per the cooling demand.
‣ Energy Rating – A fridge with higher BEE rating will consume less energy. It will be more energy-efficient and saves money in the long run. In India, you will find the BEE star label only on the single door fridge or a double door fridge.
‣ Dimensions – Nowadays most of the kitchen are modular and have dedicated space for different appliances. So you should choose your fridge as per the space dedicated to it.
Types of Refrigerators
|Type of Fridge||Capacity Range||Family Size||Technology|
|Single Door||150L to 250L||Up to 2-3 members Family||Direct Cool|
|Double Door||220L to 500L||For 3-5 members Family||Frost Free|
|Triple Door||250L to 500L||For 3-6 members Family||Frost Free|
|Side by Side||500L to 750L||For 5 plus members Family||Frost Free|
|French Door||700L to 850L||Up to 7-8 members Family||Frost Free|
We will classify the list based on the types of refrigerators. Generally, the popular fridge type is either a single door fridge or a double door fridge. But you will also find a french door or side-by-side door refrigerators in India.
Please read our Refrigerator Buying Guide at the end of this article. It will give you an idea about all the aspects to choose the best refrigerator in India.
Top 3 Best Single Door Fridge
Single door refrigerators are a great alternative to freezer and fridge combo. It offers ample space for the fresh veggies as well as dairy. A single door fridge has a capacity of less than 250L. Mostly they run on direct cool technology and requires manual defrosting. These are generally available around the size of 200L. These are perfect for bachelors, couples as well as the family of 2-3 members. A single door fridge is comparatively budget-friendly and consumes 25-40% lesser energy. These are easy to clean as well as can fit into a small kitchen.
The only issue with a single door fridge is its lesser freezer space and also manual defrosting. It has smaller door shelves so you may face issue while storing big bottles.
1. Whirlpool 190L 3 Star Direct-Cool Single Door Fridge
- Model – WDE 205 ROY 3S
- Colour – Wine Fiesta With Drawer
- Capacity – 190 Liters
- Fresh Food Capacity – 158.5 Liters
- Freezer Capacity – 14.3 Liters
- Energy Efficiency – BEE 3 Star Rating
- Annual Energy Consumption – 168 KWh
- Defrost System – Direct Cool
- Material – Steel
‣ Whirlpool WDE series come with fastest ice making technology. It helps to maintain the coldest temperature inside the fridge. The Advanced Insulated Capillary Technology keeps 9 hours of cooling retention even during power cuts. Its easy Manual Defrosting ensures hassle-free operation with effective cooling.
‣ Toughened glass shelves allow you to store large as well as heavy utensils with ease. There is also a unique chrome handle which gives it a premium look. It has two adjustable pair of front Leveling Legs so you can adjust its height. Its Jambo Bottle racks allow you to store large bottles.
‣ The Vegetable Crisper has Honey Comb Moisture Lock-in slider. This unique slider will maintain enough moisture in your veggies as well as in fruits. It helps to keep them fresh for a longer time. It has a base stand drawer in which you can store onion, potatoes and also other vegetables. There is a large freezer with stackable ice trays so that you can use maximum freezer space.
‣This fridge is capable of working on high voltage fluctuations. So you no need to pay extra on any external stabiliser.
Company Profile & Support
‣ Whirlpool is an American brand for making world-class home & kitchen appliances. In India, their headquarter is in Gurugram. They have a wide network of service centres as well as outlets across India. They will give hassle free after sale support.
‣ Warranty – Whirlpool provides a warranty of 1 year on this fridge as well as 10 years on its compressor. For more information & after-sale support, please visit support on Whirlpool official website.
- Toughened glass shelves
- No need of Stabilizer
- Excellent freezing with elegant design.
- Best refrigerator in India under ₹14000.
- Manual Defrosting so you need to keep an eye to either defrost or control the temp knob.
‣ This refrigerator has a Smart inverter compressor which runs on variable speed. You will experience a superb performance along with super silent operation.
‣ Smart Connect Technology – The fridge will connect to your home inverter in case of power failure. So it will keep your food fresh for a longer time. This single door refrigerator is capable to give quick ICE in just 108 minutes.
‣ Solar Smart Refrigerator – It can also work on Solar Energy produced by a solar panel. This fridge has BEE 4 Star Rating so you will save more money on electricity bills. It can work on a wide range of voltage from 90V~310V so no need of any external stabiliser.
‣ MOIST ‘N’ FRESH feature maintains the best level of moisture in the vegetable crisper. There is 2 Toughened Glass Shelves which can hold up to 175 kg. The door has an Anti Bacterial Gasket which keeps your fridge door clean. It will also maintain hygiene for a longer period. It has a base stand drawer to store onion, potatoes as well as other vegetables.
Company Profile & Support
‣ LG is a South Korean company providing a wide range of home and kitchen appliances. They have a wide network of service centers across India. LG uses the inverter compressor in its single door fridge and it is the best refrigerator brand in India.
‣ Warranty – It has a 1-year warranty on this fridge as well as 10 years on compressor. They have excellent after sale support and also you can connect with them using WhatsUp. For more information please visit support on LG official website.
- Smart Connect so connects to home inverter in case of power failure.
- BEE 4 Star so very energy efficient
- No need of Stabilizer
- Solar Smart fridge
- Manual Defrosting so defrost once a week.
3. Samsung 192 L 4 Star Inverter Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator
- Model – RR20N172YU8/HL/RR20N272YU8/NL
- Colour – Saffron Red and also Saffron Red
- Capacity – 192 Liters so it is perfect for 2-3 members family
- Energy Efficiency – BEE 4 Star Rating (2019)
- Defrost System – Direct Cool
- Material – Stainless Steel
‣ Digital Inverter Technology. – It will adjust its compressor speed as per the cooling demand. The compressor can run on 7 different speed levels to provide perfect cooling. It will save energy and also produce less noise.
‣ Smart Connect Inverter – It will connect to your home inverter during a power failure. So it provides uninterrupted cooling and resumes to mainline once power is back.
It will work even during high voltage fluctuation so no need for an external stabilizer. It will also prevent from any electrical damages or shorting. If the power increases too much then it will auto cut its power.
‣ It has Toughened Glass Shelves, which can hold up to a weight of 150kg. This will gives you the liberty to store heavy as well as large utensils.
In its Deep Door Guard, you can store large bottles, juices as well as other beverages. There is a facility to store three large 2Litre bottles plus one 1Litre bottle at the same time.
Its large transparent Vege Box stores more vegetables as well as fruits. There is also an Egg tray and a 5 door pocket.
‣ Its door has Anti-bacterial Gasket which keeps the door liner clean as well as prevents it from fungi and bacteria.
You can easily view your food and stuff located deeply inside with its Clear View Lamp. This LED lamp will give cool light with less energy.
‣ You can choose from two different colour variant either blooming saffron red or saffron blue.
There is a smooth safety cover on the back fridge which covers its components as well as easy to clean.
Its Grande Door Design enhances its look. While there is a fine line towards the bottom of the fridge which gives it a double door look.
Company Profile & Support
‣ Like LG, Samsung is also a South Korean company. It produces a wide range of electronics items from microchip to Air Conditioners. It is famous for the camera, phones, TV, washing machines, refrigerators and many more. Samsung is considered as one of the best refrigerator brand in India.
‣ Warranty : 1-year on product as well as 10 years on compressor. You can check about service centres on Samsung official website.
- No need of stabilizer
- It has a BEE 4-star rating
- Lock & Key
- Best refrigerator in India under 15000.
- Manual Defrosting so defrost once a week.
Above 3 fridges are the best refrigerator in India in a single door category. After days of research, we have concluded this list.
If you are still looking for more options in a single door fridge then please visit our article for Top 10 best single door refrigerator.
Top 4 Best Double Door Fridge in India
As the name suggests a double door fridge has separate doors for fridge and freezer. It usually comes in capacity from 220L-500L and is perfect for families with 4-5 members. It offers ample space for all your foods, veggies as well as dairies. In its large freezer unit, you can make ice, store ice creams as well as frozen items. You can also control the temperature in both compartments separately. It has frost-free technology so you no need to defrost the ice manually.
The double door fridge has automatic fans which circulate the cool air across the freeze. It will give more coolness but consumes 30-40% more electricity than a single door fridge. A double door fridge price will be around ₹ 20k – 40k.
Commonly in double door fridge, the freezer is at the top of the fridge. However, you will also some bottom mount fridge, where the freezer is located at the bottom of the fridge. The bottom mount fridge will be costlier than the top mount fridge.
‣ Smart Inverter Compressor performs an energy-efficient operation and also gives the greatest cooling. It will adjust its cooling as per the amount of food kept inside the fridge. This will reduce energy consumption by almost 50% and also saves your money on the energy bill.
‣ Auto Smart Connect feature will connect your fridge to home inverter in case of power failure. It will only consume that much power equal to running 2 CFL’s during power cuts. This fridge had a rating of 4-star as per 2019 BEE rating while in 2020 it has a rating of 3-star.
‣ Multi Air Flow Cooling system uses air vents to circulate cool air to every corner of the fridge. This will ensure proper cooling throughout the fridge. LG has a Smart Diagnosis feature which will diagnose as well as solve many problems quickly.
‣ Its vegetable box has Moist Balance Crisper which maintains an optimum level of moisture. It will keep your veggies as well as fruits fresh for a longer time. Inside its door, you can store 2 litres bottles with ease. Anti-bacterial door gasket prevents the formation of bacteria and moulds. There is humidity controller which maintains moisture to keep your foods fresh. There are three tough glass slaves which can hold heavy as well as large utensils.
‣ Its stainless steel colour along with a royale handle gives it a glossy shine as well as a premium look.
‣ Warranty – 1 year on the fridge as well as 9 years on compressor. Please visit the LG official website for more details.
- Super Silent Operation and also Smart Energy Consumption
- No need for an external stabilizer.
- Door lock as well as Open Door alarm.
- It can connect to home inverter.
- Its 2020 model has BEE 3 star rating while 2019 it was BEE 4 star.
5. Samsung 253L 3 Star Inverter Frost Free Double Door Fridge
- Model – RT28T3483S8 / HL
- Colour – Elegant Inox
- Capacity – 253L so ideal for 3-5 members.
- Fresh Food Capacity – 184L
- Freezer Capacity – 69 Liters
- Energy Efficiency – BEE 3 Star Rating
- Annual Energy Consumption – 193 KWh
- Defrost System – Frost free
‣ This Samsung fridge comes with a stylish design, digital display as well as power-packed features. It will keep your food items chilled for up to 12 hours during a power cut. The Digital Inverter Compressor ensures trouble-free, longer-lasting as well as an energy-efficient cooling. It will provide all-around cooling in every corner of the fridge.
‣ Its deep door storage will hold larger drinks. The easy to slide shelf will make it easy to find as well as reach food at the back. This double door fridge has toughened Glass shelves which can hold up to 150kg of utensils. The Recess Handle makes it comfortable while opening the fridge.
‣ Moist Fresh Zone Controls the air circulation so maintain optimal humidity. It has a high efficient LED light so you will get enough light around the fridge. This double door fridge has an advance vegetable drawer which maintains optimum moisture.
‣ This fridge is capable of working on a wide range of operation from 100v to 300v. So you no need to install any stabilizer.
‣ Warranty – 1 year on the product as well as 10 years on compressor. You can visit the Samsung official website for more service details for your area.
- Auto defrost so it stops ice-build up
- No need of stabilizer
- Digital inverter compressor so helps to save power.
6. Whirlpool 265 L 4 Star Inverter Frost-Free Double Door Fridge
- Model – IF INV CNV 278 ELT BLACK SPARKLE (4S)
- Colour – Black Sparkle
- Capacity – 265L so ideal for 3-5 members.
- Fresh Food Capacity – 190L
- Freezer Capacity – 75L
- Energy Efficiency – BEE 4 Star(2019 Model) 3 Star (2020 model)
- Annual Energy Consumption – 190 KWh
- Defrost System – Frost free
‣ 5-IN-1 Modes – You can convert its freezer in 5 different modes. It has All season mode, Chef Mode, Dessert Mode, Party Mode and also Deep Freeze mode.
‣ Adaptive Intelligence Technology. – There are sensors which sense Load, Weather Conditions and Usage Patterns. It will analyze these data and based on that it ensures the best cooling.
‣ IntelliSense Inverter Technology. – This double door fridge will adjust its cooling as per the internal load. In case of a power failure, it will auto-connect to your home inverter.
‣ Zeolite Technology. – it will prevent excessive ripening of fruits and vegetables and also keeps them fresh for a long time. MICROBLOCK Technology. – It has a unique anti-microbial additive which prevents up to 99% of bacterial growth. You will experience up to 15 days of garden freshness with this double door fridge. There are scientifically designed Air Towers as well as strategically placed Flexi Vents. It will flow cool as well as fresh air into different sections to provide uniform cooling.
‣ The Vegetable Crisper has a Honey Comb Moisture Lock. It will maintain balanced moisture so keep your veggies fresh for a longer time. There is a Freshonizer which helps to reduce oxidation to maintain the freshness of fruits and vegetables.
‣ Warranty –1 year on product and also 10 years on compressor. This double door fridge has a 4-star rating for the 2019 model, while for the 2020 model it has 3-star. This is the best refrigerator in India under ₹24000.
- No need of Stabilizer
- Ice Twister and Collector
- 6th Sense Deep Freeze Technology
- The 2020 model has BEE 3 star while 2019 model it was BEE 4 star.
Bottom Mount Double Door Fridge in India
Top mount & bottom mount fridges are two popular designs available in double door fridge. Bottom mount fridge will have a fresh food compartment on the top while the freezer at the bottom. Bottom mount freeze offers easier access to your fresh food and beverages. In bottom mount fridge the freezer is spacious than of top mount fridge. The bottom mount fridge will be expensive than top mount fridge.
‣ Haier is a Chinese company, which provides world-class best home appliances. This frost-free double door fridge has an intelligent design with freezer at the bottom. It will reduce bending time up to 90% which is a big relief to a person suffering from back pain.
‣ One Hour Icing Technology will bring down the freezer temperature up to -5 °C in just 60 minutes to give instant ice. There are bigger cool pads that retain the cooling effect for up to 10 hours even in power cut.
‣ Twin twist Ice Tray gives ice cubes out of the ice tray very conveniently. You have to just twist it and the ice will be collected in the below box. It comes with 360 Degree Cooling technology which rotates the cold air thoroughly in the fridge.
‣ It has 2 times Bigger Crisper than any other fridge in this section. So that you can store more veggies and fruits. In its bottle storage space, you can store big bottles and cans. This bottle guard will easily store a tall bottle. It has an 86L of separate freezer unit which gives ample storage for ice creams, ice as well as frozen foods. It has a high energy-efficient LED light to brighten the whole fridge. The shelves are made of toughened glass which can hold large as well as heavy utensils.
‣ This double door fridge will easily work on high voltage fluctuations so you need to install any external stabilizer. This bottom mount fridge is a budget-friendly best refrigerator in India under ₹27000.
‣ Warranty – 1 year on the product as well as 10 years on compressor. Please visit The Haier website for more service details in your area.
- No need of Stabilizer
- Ice Twister and Collector
- It will give ice in just one hour.
- Best for people suffering from back pain.
- No light in the bottom freezer
Above 4 fridges are the best refrigerator in India in a double door category. But If you are still looking for more options, then you can visit our article for Top 10 Double Door Refrigerator. This article will give a detailed overview of the 10 best double door fridge.
Best Multi Door & Side by Side Fridge in India
With increasing needs and requirements, a multi-door freeze is becoming more popular. A fridge with multiple doors will provide ease of use as well as accommodate a large number of food items. You may get a capacity ranging from 250L to 850L in a multi-door fridge. It comes in different shapes and sizes and gives a premium and modern look to your kitchen.
Although these fridges are still not much popular due to its high price range. But here we will give you a list of three multi-door best refrigerators in India at a reasonable price with excellent features as well as good customer reviews.
A Side by sides fridge offers easy access to its fridge and freezer. It also has more freezer space than a double door and a French door fridge. You will also find a french door fridge in the market but they are still very costly and not that much popular. An average french door fridge will cost at least 1.5 Lakh rupees.
‣ This fridge will give you two times freshness due to its 6th sense active fresh technology. Its 3-door format gives a special 32 litres of Active Fresh storage zone. In the bottom drawer, you can store your veggies while in Fruit Crisper you can store fruits. These dedicated zones will prevent from mixing any other food odours. It has a unique anti-microbial additive which prevents up to 99% bacterial growth. Also, its Zeolite technology will prevent from excessive ripening of fruits and vegetables. These will help to keep your fruits as well as veggies fresh for a longer time.
‣ Moisture Retention Technology. – The cold airflow around its compartments will retain its moisture to give freshness. The ICE twister will ease you while collecting ice cubes in the collector box.
‣ In its deli zone, you can customise its temperature as per need. You can store delicacies items like cheese, berries, chocolates & diaries for longer freshness. Air Booster will control the cold air circulation so that each compartment will receive a uniform cooling. It will consume less energy as of a CFL bulb and will give an energy-efficient operation.
‣ Warranty – 1 year on the fridge and also 10 years on compressor. This multi-door fridge is the best refrigerator in India under whirlpool official site.25000. For more details and services in your local area, please visit the
- Multi door fridge around 25000 rupees.
- No need for a Stabilizer
- The micro block prevents up to 99% of bacterial growth.
- No food odour mixing as well as better cooling retention
- No light in the bottom and top compartments.
9. Samsung 700L Inverter Frost Free Side-by-Side Refrigerator
‣ The Side by Side refrigerators is ideal for big and joint Indian families. It will give ample space for your fresh veggies, fruits as well as dairies. This Samsung Side-by-side fridge has a unique Spacemax Technology. It enables the fridge walls to be much thinner for maximum storage inside. Its all-around cooling will ensure evenly cooling in both freezers as well as in the fridge. There are many vents located on every shelf levels. It helps to maintain a constant temperature to keep your food fresh for a long period.
‣ The DIT Inverter Compressor will adjust its compressor speed as per the cooling need. It will adjust its speed to 7 different levels as per the cooling demand. It will use less energy, produces less noise and also reduces wear and tear for long-lasting performance. The DIT compressor will help to save up to 50% of energy consumption.
‣ Its Sleek & Seamless Design will give a premium as well as a modern look to your kitchen. This fridge has a large veggie box to store more vegetables & fruits. With the touch of a button, you can activate the power cooling as well as chilling. It will cool the food 31% faster while freezes ice 31% faster.
‣ There is a built-in Deodorizing Filter to preserve the original taste of your food. It will preserve foods original flavour and also aroma for a longer time. It will also reduce strong smells through its activated carbon filters.
‣ Warranty – 1 year on the product as well as 10 years on its DIT compressor
- Sleek as well as Seamless design
- DIT compressor so saves up to 50% of energy
- Deodorizing filter so eliminate strong smells
- Best Refrigerator in India for a family up to 6-8 members.
- It should have a Water Dispenser in front.
- No egg tray or compartment to store eggs.
‣ LG side by side double door refrigerator gives the fastest cooling as well as longer freshness. It will give you a view of the entire food inventory at a glance. This fridge has an Inverter Linear Compressor which gives an energy-efficient operation. It will save up to 51% energy consumption and also reduces the noise level by 25%. This compressor will also help reduce the wear & tear and gives a long-lasting performance.
‣ Hygiene Fresh+ – It has a 5-Step anti-bacterial deodorization feature. It will help to remove up to 99.9% of bacteria. Due to which it will preserve original food flavour as well as removes any bad odour.
‣ There are Multi Digital Sensors, which will monitor as well as display the warm food & open doors. It will also monitor external as well as internal temperatures. The fridge will instantly maintain the optimum interior temperature. It has multiple cooling air vents distributed throughout the freeze. It will circulate the cool air throughout the fridge so ensures proper cooling. In case if you want to express freezing it will speed up the compressor speed. You will get your frozen edibles faster than ever before.
‣ LG provides a SmartThinQ app to control its home and kitchen appliances. This side by side double door fridge has support for this app. You can control your refrigerator from anywhere you want. You can also smartly diagnosis most of its problems using its smart app. It will notify you about the problem and also suggests the solution to fix issues quickly.
‣ Warranty – 1 year on the product as well as 10 years on compressor
- Attractive shiny steel colour with glossy surface gives premium look.
- You can control it remotely with WiFi and Smart ThinQ App.
- Super spacious as well as very silent operation.
- It is the best refrigerator in India for a family of 6-8 members.
- It should have a Water Dispenser in front.
Buying Guide - Best Refrigerator in India
A fridge is the most useful and appreciated appliance of every house. It is one of the most expensive appliances and will be with you for at least 10-15 years. If you are upgrading to a newer model or planning to buy it for the first time then you should read this buyers guide. We will discuss every aspect of refrigerators in detail.
How Does a Refrigerator Work?
A fridge keeps your food fresh for a longer time by decreasing the temperature. At lower temperature the food bacteria become inactive and it will take a longer time to spoil the food. Like an Air Conditioner, a fridge also lowers the temperature. The only difference between them is that an AC will lower the temperature up to 20°C for a large area. While a fridge will lower the temperature up to 2°C-3°C of a small enclosed cabinet area. The whole process is controlled by these four (compressor, condenser and evaporation coil and an Expansion device).
The compressor is like the heart of the fridge while the refrigerant is its blood. The refrigerant is filled inside the coils which flow from one place to another to either absorb or release the heat. The refrigerant absorbs the inside heat and flows through the condenser coils. It releases its heat there and once cooled down it again travel back to fridge to absorb heat. The compressor controls its cooling by adjusting its speed. Expansion device releases the excess pressure to give the uniform cooling.
How to Choose the Best Refrigerator in India?
Capacity and Size of Fridge – The capacity of your freeze depends upon the family size as well as on the eating capacity. If you and your family love to eat more frozen foods and ice creams then you should choose a freeze with larger freezer space. While if you like more fresh veggies and fruits then you should choose a fridge with a larger food compartment. Below table will give you an idea about the freeze size.
|Family Size||Fridge Capacity||Type of Fride|
|Bachelors||< 200L||Single Door|
|Couples||Up to 220L||Single Door|
|Small Family(Couple + Kid)||250 – 300L||Single or Double Door|
|Medium family (3-4 members)||280 – 350L||Double Door Fridge|
|Up to 5 Members||300-500L||Double, Triple or side by side door|
|More than 5 members||450-850L||Side by Side or French Door|
Measure your space – Whenever you are planning for any new fridge then we should consider the space. There should be some space left at the sides, back and on the top of the fridge. It is much needed for proper ventilation. There should be enough space left for the proper opening of its door. Whenever you want to pull out the vegetable crisper the door will go beyond even 90 degrees. So before buying a fridge, you should measure your dedicated space.
Inverter Technology – A normal compressor runs on either maximum speed or it completely stopped. While an Inverter compressor controls its speed as per the heat load. It will only run on greatest speed when you need instant ice or cooling. It will consume lesser energy than a normal compressor. In general, an inverter compressor will save up to 20-40% of energy. A fridge with inverter compressor has a higher life span and also produces less noise than a general compressor fridge. will In a single door fridge, you will find a normal compressor. While some of the double door fridges have inverter compressor.
There are smart connect fridges, which connects to your home inverter in case of a power cut. It will retain cooling up to 9-12 hours even in case of a power cut.
It is calculated based on the energy consumption of an appliance. It is the amount of electricity consumed by an appliance in a year (KWh per year). BEE (Bureau of Energy Efficiency) gives energy star ranging from 1star to 5star. It gives an idea about the electricity consumption of your appliance. The higher star rated appliance will be more energy-efficient than the lower one. ie the more energy star ratings a fridge will add less amount to your electricity bills. Although we have to pay more for a higher star fridge but in the long run, it will save more money on energy bills.
It should not be the primary criteria while choosing the best refrigerator in India. But along with need, capacity, service centre, etc you should also consider the star rating. A fridge with either 3, 4 or a 5-star rating which satisfies your need would also be a good choice.
In India, the BEE gives star rating only for a single door fridge or a double door fridge. For a multiple door fridge, there is no facility for BEE star. A fridge with built-in ice makers also water dispensers will increase the annual energy usage by 100-150 kWh. In general, a top mount and bottom mount fridge fridges are more energy-efficient than a side-by-side fridge.
What is Defrosting in Refrigerator?
In the fridge, evaporator cools down to maintain the chilling. The air present in fridge cycles through the evaporator. The evaporator absorbs the heat and releases the cool air. Generally, a fridge maintains a temperature in a range of 2°C to 5°C. But to achieve this, the evaporator may cool down even below freezing point ie 0°C.
The air contains moisture and when it comes in contact with the evaporator, the water vapour starts condensing. This condensed water vapour forms the water droplet on the evaporator. By the time these water droplets forms a thick layer of ice. Eventually, this layer of ice will block the circulation of cold air and impacts the cooling. The process of removing this layer of ice is called as defrosting. The defrosting can be achieved either by manual process or by automatic. Based on defrosting types, fridges are of two types (Type Of Cooling)
- Direct Cool Fridge – It will generate coolness by using natural convection process. Here the cool air is circulated throughout the fridge. We can’t control the cool air distribution and also it leads to uneven cooling. This will result in frost and our freezer have to defrost it regularly. You will find this in a single door fridge. You can achieve defrosting manually by the touch of a button. This technology is relatively cheaper and also requires less electricity and maintenance.
- Frost Free Fridge – In this fridge, it will regularly defrost its cycle to remove frost. It will also make sure there should not be any frost accumulation. There are small vents which will provide cool air throughout the fridge to give uniform cooling. You will find this in a double door fridge or in the multi-door fridge.
Which is the best refrigerator brand in India?
Everybody wants their fridge to last for at least 10-15 years, but not all fridges last for such long. So it is always advisable to buy a fridge from a reliable brand. Although there are 20+ brands available in the market among them, some are the best brand. LG, Samsung, Whirlpool, Godrej, Haier are the leading and popular brands. They are famous for providing the best refrigerator in India.
Whirlpool is an American company making the home and kitchen appliances. It is one of the most popular brands among Indian homes. They are proving best in class AC, washing machines, fridges. Whirlpool provides single door, double door as well as multi-door fridges in India. They have a wide range of service network covering from big cities to small towns.
LG is a South Korean company making the home as well as kitchen appliances. It has a wide range of service centres and outlets. You will get their 24×7 call centre support. You can contact them via WhatsUp. Lg will give you hassle-free after-sale support. They are providing all range of fridges from single door to multi-door. Most of its fridges have inverter compressor and are more energy-efficient. LG is proving 10 years of warranty on its compressor.
Samsung – Like LG, Samsung is also a South Korean company. It is famous for its wide range of products ranging from microchip to refrigerators. Samsung fridges are famous for their style and efficiency. It is considered as the best refrigerator brand in India. Samsung fridges give uninterrupted and uniform cooling even during a power cut. They will connect to home inverters and give up to 10 hours of uniform cooling. Samsung provides a single door, double door as well as a french door fridge.
What are Important Features in the Refrigerator?
Some more Special Features -
‣ Water and ice dispenser – It will server cold water without opening the fridge door. You may also get ice cubes from a chute. It is located outside the door and needs a continuous water supply. But these are not much popular because it will take almost 30% of freezer space. It also needs to periodically replace its water filter.
‣ Conversion Facility – Today many fridge brand comes with an innovative conversion facility. It will allow converting its freezer into the fridge as per the need. So that you will have more fresh food capacity when you need.
‣ Temperature controls – It will control the cooling inside your fridge. While buying a double door fridge, you should look for separate temperature control for the fridge and freezer. It will give you the liberty to control the temperature for both units. You should also check for door open alarm. If you accidentally left open your fridge door then it should generate a beeping alarm.
‣ Deodorizer – This is a very useful feature, it helps preserve food odour and aroma for a long time. It removes the strong odours from food using its special filters. It keeps the fresh air inside the fridge.
‣ Noise – Although fridges are not making much noise. But It is better to check the noise level of the fridge before buying. They are making a noise level of 35 decibels while running.
‣ Moisture Control – It helps to maintain and lock the moisture inside the crisper. It will keep your fruits as well as vegetables fresh for a longer time.
Warranty and Support
A fridge is an expensive appliance and it will cost you more in case of failure. You should choose a fridge with a higher product as well as compressor warranty. You may need to fill the compressor gas after some time. It is better to check the company profile before buying the fridge. Some company gives the facility to reach them even by WhatsUp. You should also enquire about their local service centre on their website.
How To Clean Your Refrigerator?
Fridge keeps our food fresh for a longer time but it is our responsibility to keep them clean. You should clean your fridge at least once every 2-3 months. You can use liquids, cleaners to clean your fridge. Follow some of these steps to clean your fridge –
- Turn off the fridge and also take out its power cable.
- Empty your fridge by removing all the drinks, dairy, food items. Clean your freezer take out the ice creams, frozen foods etc.
- Take out the icebox, shelves and drawers. Clean them carefully using dishwasher liquid and let them dry.
- Now its time to clean inside, spray the solution of vinegar and water inside the fridge. You may also use a mild soap water solution.
- There are chances that you may find some area with tough stains of milk, sauces etc. Pour some extra amount of solution and let them soak for some time.
- Now take a clean wipe or a clean cloth to wipe the interior of the fridge.
- With the wipe clean the door gasket and seals with vinegar and mild soapy water. It will prevent the accumulation of grime, dirt as well as mould.
- You should also wipe the exterior of the fridge.
- Once the fridge and its shelves are dried then put them back into the fridge.
- Its time to again put back all your food items inside the fridge. Switch it on with maximum cooling capacity for some time and later reduce to the normal range.
- It is also advisable to regularly check your crisper for any spoiled fruits or vegetable. Also, check the shelves for any spoiled foods. Follow these best practices to keep them always clean as well as maintain hygiene.
Frequently Asked Questions?
Why should we avoid stuffing of foods in the fridge?
Fridge uses air circulation to cool our food. If we too much-stuffing foods inside the fridge then it may obstruct the airflow. It will make the fridge harder to uniformly cool every corner of the fridge. You should regularly check for spoiled foods and also avoid placing foods along the back or the side of the fridge.
What is a convertible refrigerator?
In a Convertible refrigerator, you can convert its freezer into the fridge as per the need. You can store your fresh food items inside the fridge. Some brands offer various modes like chef mode, desert mode or all season modes depends upon your need.
Do we need a stabilizer for our fridge?
Nowadays most of the fridge can even work on high voltage fluctuations from 90V~310V. So you no need to install any external stabilizer. It is always advisable to check the product description before buying.
Should we buy a Fridge online?
Yes. It is completely safe to buy a fridge online. There are many benefits of buying online, you may get good deals, discounts, old item exchange, no need to bargain and many more. Sometimes you have some specific requirement and maybe that fridge is not available in your local market. Online you have reached to every items and brand. The only thing you should consider about the seller profile and reputation. If you are buying from the website like Amazon or Flipkart, then no need to take tension about the seller. You will get same after-sale service and installation facility which you will get offline.
Can we get an extended warranty on the fridge?
Yes, some times many brands offer an additional warranty on the fridge. You need to pay extra to get additional warranty. But generally, the best refrigerator brand in India offers a 1-2 year warranty on the fridge and also 10 years on compressor.
How to clean your fridge?
You should always check for spoiled foods and items from the fridge. It is advisable to clean your fridge regularly with a solution of vinegar and water. Please read the fridge cleaning guide above in this article here.
Should we buy a Direct Cool or a Frost free fridge?
The direct cool fridge uses natural convection to circulate the cool air. While frost free fridge circulates cool air using air vents. The frost free fridge will give more uniform cooling. In direct cool, there will be an accumulation of ice around the freezer so it regularly requires manual defrosting. The frost free fridge will give hassle free uniform cooling than a direct cool fridge.
What is the life span of a refrigerator?
A fridge is an expensive appliance and it will be last for at least 10-15 years. A high-end fridge will easily last for at least 15-20 years while an average fridge will last for 8-12 years. Generally, you will get a warranty of 10 years on compressor along with 1-2 years on the fridge. You should always buy the best refrigerator in India which have a higher warranty.
Conclusion - Best Refrigerator in India
Before buying a fridge you need proper research and planning. After all, it is one of the most expensive appliances and will stay with you for at least 10 years. Every brand has their own specialty and has a unique range of fridges. Proper planning and research will save your hard earned money. It will ensure hassle-free after sale service along with prompt cooling. In this article, we have tried to cover all the possible aspects as well as queries related to the best refrigerator in India.
If you still have any further query related to best refrigerator in India, then please write to us here. You can also share your valuable comment and feedback in the below comment box. Your valuable comments and feedback are always welcomed. We will try our best to address your query and comments.